Are you ever riding the trails and think, “I wish I had a photo of myself doing that awesome jump?” Now, you can – even if you’re riding by yourself and don’t have a friend to take your photo – with Hightag.
Hightag co-founders, and brothers, Alex and Jonathan de la Fuente wanted to have photos of themselves doing cool things like mountain biking, so they made something that would do just that. They started creating an automated camera system in spring 2020 and it became a serious venture in the fall of 2021. Alex and Jonathan moved to Bentonville, Arkansas from Houston in January 2023 with hopes of Hightag taking off.
The product uses sensors and cameras to capture you having a blast on your ride at places like the OZ Castle and Coler Mountain Bike Preserve. Here’s how to use Hightag:
- Get a tag and download the Hightag app. You can order one online or pick one up for free at a retail partner (locations below)
- Activate the tag in-app for 24 hours ($5) or upgrade to Hightag Pro yearlong membership ($50).
- Ride! Cameras on the trail will be triggered by your tag and automatically take photos when you ride by.
- Share: Photos are available in your Hightag account for you to download and share. Be sure to tag @hightag.app and @oztrailsnwa when you post!
Tags will be available at the following retail partners:
- Bentonville Bicycle Co.
- Spoke Adventures
- Airship Coffee (Pumphouse)
- Airship Coffee (Coler)
- The Bike Inn
- Specialized Experience Center
- Fox Racing
Hightag’s technology is currently deployed at the following trails:
- Coler Mountain Bike Preserve: Thunderdome, Cease and Desist and Fire Line (Drop the Hammer coming soon)
- Slaughter Pen: Catapult, Medieval, Uwabami
- Have a trail in mind for Hightag? Add it to the wish list here.
Follow Hightag on Instagram to stay updated on new deployment locations.