Fill up your Camelbaks, prepare your flat kits, and clip into your pedals. The Big Sugar Classic is coming to Bentonville and Bella Vista, Arkansas this October!
Welcome to Big Sugar Classic, a cycling celebration that wraps up the end of the off-road North American cycling calendar and the Life Time Grand Prix series. This event will bring both globally-known racers and amateur riders alike to Northwest Arkansas. Here’s a schedule preview:
- Saturday, October 14: shake out rides, athlete panels, MTB packet pickup
- Sunday, October 15: Life Time Little Sugar MTB – Starting in downtown Bentonville, the 100 km, 50 km, and 20 km courses travel north into Bella Vista and traverse the hollers and ravines of Little Sugar trail and the Back 40. You’ll be greeted with unique bluff lines, caves, waterfalls, and the iconic Ledges. Compete in the 100 km distance to battle it out for $65,000 in prize money, split evenly between men and women! This event also serves as the newest Leadville Race Series qualifier.
- Thursday, October 19: gravel expo day 1
- Friday, October 20: gravel expo day 2 and gravel packet pickup
- Saturday, October 21: Big Sugar (100 mile) and Little Sugar (50 miles) Gravel races. This is the final event in the Life Time Grand Prix series.
Do you have what it takes for the Sweet Tooth Challenge? 🍭 Join Life Time for both the 100 km mountain bike and 100-mile gravel races (or the 50 km mountain bike and 50-mile gravel races).
Read more about the Big Sugar Classic here. Such large events wouldn’t be possible without the help of amazing volunteers like you! Learn more about volunteering here. Registration opens on Wednesday, March 1 at 6 p.m. CST. Check out previous years’ results and photos here.
Gravel riding is the fastest-growing segment of cycling in the United States. For more information on gravel riding in Northwest Arkansas and the best routes, visit the new Rural Recreational Roads website.